Thursday, September 29, 2011

Woosong University Review: University of Malaya Perspective

Milad Moazzam is currently a student at the University of Malaya. This is his account of meeting Woosong students this past summer.

I headed for the university to greet the new students who arrived from Korea for a two-week program. Well, honestly speaking this was not the first time I dealt with Korean exchange students so I expected the same people with the same look.

The first person I ran into was the kind and lovely Professor Ms. Sue. She was the supervisor from Woosong University located in Daejeon. Woosong students stayed in Malaysia for two weeks, a very short trip but useful!

During the first field trip I was expecting to face many difficulties as we did before, but Woosong students were surprisingly well-organized. Everyone followed Kevin (The Oppa or Big Brother) and the program ran smoothly. Later on Kevin got named Captain Kevin for his remarkable leadership skills.

In the following weeks we conducted several field trips and visits together with Woosong students and my role as a facilitator had nothing to worry about because everything was already taken care of by Woosong students.

Woosong students reflected such discipline and unity that I have never seen before among Korean students. They really showed that “United we stand, divided we fall.”

I still remember their smiling and kind faces in any situation. I know at certain points they did not enjoy what was going on, but still smiled at us. It was such a great help and inspiration to bring up the awesome moments we spent together.

These great Woosong students all helped to create the best memories for me during the Summer of 2011.

It absolutely goes without saying that you guys were the best and I know will continue to do great things!

Milad Moazzam is currently a student at the University of Malaya

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites